English Mother's Day Messages
Mother's Day is coming up in many countries around the world. If you need ideas for nice things to say or write to your mom, check out this list of Mother's Day greetings in English!
1. Phrases for Complimenting Mom
Happy Mother’s Day to my wonderful mom!
Don't just wish your mom a "Happy Mother's Day"! Compliment her with a nice adjective like "wonderful" or "beautiful."
- Happy Mother's Day to my incredible mother.
- Happy Mother's Day to my sweet, loving mom!
- Happy Mother's Day to my patient, selfless, and beautiful mom! Love you!
The Best Mom
Native English speakers often use superlative adjectives in compliments. The most common one is "best," but you can use other adjectives too: e.g. "greatest," "kindest," "most beautiful," etc.
- To the best mom in the world, Happy Mother's Day!
- You're the best mother I could ever ask for.
- You're the best teacher, best listener, and most amazing mother ever.
- Happy Mother's Day to the smartest and strongest woman I know.
You’re my role model.
Another way to compliment your mom is to tell her that she's your "role model." This means you respect her and want to be just like her.
- You're my role model. I hope I inherit your patience, big heart, and good looks!
- Thanks for being my role model, mom. I look up to you more than I show it!
- Did you know you're my biggest role model? Thanks to you, I know how to be a good mother to my own children.
2. Phrases for Showing Appreciation
I’m so lucky to have you as my mother.
One way to show appreciation for your mom is to say how lucky you are to have her.
- I'm so lucky to have you as my mother. Happy Mother's Day!
- Everyday, I feel so lucky you're my mom!
- I'm the luckiest child in the world, and it's all because of you! Happy Mother's Day!
- Happy Mother's Day! Love, the luckiest son in the world.
I’m grateful for you.
You can also tell your mother that you're "grateful" for her and all she's done.
- I'm so grateful to have such a wonderful mom. Happy Mother's Day!
- I'm grateful for everything that you've done and everything you still do.
- I'm forever grateful for your love, support, and ... let's not forget your wonderful cooking!
I wouldn’t be where I am without you.
Another way to say "thanks" to your mother is by telling her that you wouldn't be as successful or happy "without" her.
- I don't say it enough, but I wouldn't be where I am without you. Thank you for being my mom.
- I wouldn't have become the person I am without you. Love you to the moon and back!
- I couldn't imagine getting through law school without your help and support.
- My life would have been a mess without you. Thanks for always believing in me even when others didn't.
You’re a hero/superwoman.
When you call your mom a "hero" or "superwoman," you're telling her how much she amazes you.
- I don't know how you do all the things you do for us and still get enough sleep. You're truly a superwoman!
- Behind every happy child is a superwoman. Thanks for being mine!
- You're a hero for bringing a crazy child like me into the world and then loving me for 25 years!
You deserve all the best.
You can also tell your mom that she deserves to be treated very well in return for all her hard work.
- You're the best mom ever. You deserve all the best. Happy Mother's Day!
- Thanks for everything you do for us every day. You deserve to be treated like a queen today!
- Today's your special day. You deserve to be pampered. Hope you like breakfast in bed!
- How have you put up with me all these years? You deserve a raise!
3. Phrases for Saying You Love Her
I love you with all my heart.
There are a lot of ways you can tell your mom you love her: e.g. "I love you so very much," "I love you with all my heart," or "I love you to the moon and back."
- You're the best mom I could ever ask for and I love you with all my heart.
- Mom, thanks for being the person who's done the most for me. I love you to the moon and back!
I love you more than my brother does.
A funny way to say that you love your mom is to say that you love her more than your siblings do.
- I love you more than my brother does. Happy Mother's Day from your favorite child.
- Hi mom, just a reminder that I love you more than my sister does. But you already knew that, didn't you? Happy Mother's Day!
Lots of Love
Finally, if you're writing a card, don't forget to show some love when you sign off.
- Hope you like this mother's day gift! Lots of love, Rafael
- You're the best mom anyone could ask for. Happy Mother's Day! With all my thanks and love, Anne
- Thank you for all that you do, mom! Your loving son, Sasha
Want to Improve Your English?
Want to write a card to your mom with an English tutor? Or need help with anything else you write in English? You'll always learn more if you have someone check your writing. At Engoo, our professional tutors are available 24/7 to help you with your English needs. Sign up here.